13 June 2010

Al Fayed keen to keep Hodgson


The Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed would give Roy Hodgson "anything he wants" to stay at Craven Cottage as the club's manager next season despite speculation linking him with the vacant post at Liverpool.

"I don't think he'll leave me," Fayed said. "I'm sure he'll have lots of approaches from other clubs, but I give him anything he wants to reach results and we have a very good relationship."

Fayed sold Harrods for £1.5bn in May but told the Guardian at the time he remained committed to the club. "If you own a football club you have to be really involved and committed," he said. "That is very important and it's the same in any business. When I get to the club my mood is always lifted. I am also a fan. And so I have a tremendous feeling of being committed and helping give pleasure to all the supporters and players."

Hodgson's star has risen dramatically over the past couple of years, first by keeping Fulham in the Premier League and then steering the London club into Europe and, last season, into the Europa League final in a remarkable run.

The Liverpool club may be about to step up their search for Rafael Benítez's successor by opening talks with the 62-year-old before he heads out to South Africa for a stint as a World Cup pundit. But Fayed, who appointed Hodgson in December 2007, believes Hodgson has no reason to leave the club.

Source: Press Association

Recent Articles

Advertisement

 

Copyright © 2011 TokioBabes.com | Some Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Powered by GoDaddy.com